Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope
NRAO Green Bank
17th October 2002
GBT Software Project Note 8.5
The FITS format structure is presented for the GBT GO (Observer's User
Interface) scan data files. The scan data FITS files are permanently
archived after each observation, and will usually be input to the
aips++ filler, which has the task of combining all scan data FITS
files into an aips++ Measurement Set. This data may then either be
processed further in aips++, or written out in an aips++ supported
FITS format (one of which is single dish FITS).
The contents of the GO FITS file are intended to be indicative of
the observer's intent when performing an observation comprised of
a sequence of scans. They are not intended to provide detailed data
processing information; this should be obtained from the other FITS
files associated with each scan.
- 8th November 2001
- Penultimate definition of FITSVER 1.1; released
for general comment (Richard Prestage).
- 16th November 2001
- Final version agreed for implementation of
FITSVER 1.1. Added history. Subsequent changes to the content of this
document should increment the document version number (Richard Prestage).
- 28th November 2001
- Removed SlewTo and Peak from the list of possible
PROCNAME values. Changed unknown to Unknown in the possible PROCNAME values.
In the example for the FITS Keywords for positional information changed
COORDSYS to have a legal value. Put in the correct glish shell function
used to determine the value of DATEBLD.
- 7th March 2002
- Add PSWITCH as possible value for SWSTATE keyword.
Also added description for each possible SWSTATE value and changed list
to be an itemized list.
Remove SWWCAL and SWNOCAL as possible values for SWTCHSIG. Add
FSW01, FSW12, FSW0102, BEAMSW, POLSW, FSW01NOCAL, FSW12NOCAL, FSW0102NOCAL,
BEAMSWNOCAL and POLSWNOCAL as possible values for SWTCHSIG.
Change references for switching signals documentation from note by Ron
Maddalena to the GO Design Document and the GO Switching Signals Implementation
document. Change to FITSVER 1.2.
- 21st March 2002
- Add TPWCALSP to SWTCHSIG values.
- 17th October 2002
- Add nod to list of possible procedures.
- 12th January 2007
- Fix bug so that all RA positions are written in degrees. Change to FITSVER 2.6. Change will appear in M&C version 7.1.
- 2nd May 2007
- Reworded frequency related section to refer to LO1 FITS documentation. FITSVER was not changed.
- 14th May 2010
- Change to FITSVER 2.7. Added RESTFRQn keywords to record all user-suppplied rest frequencies as keyword=value pairs.
They have been available in the HISTORY for some time.