Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope
NRAO Green Bank
Amy L. Shelton
March 27, 2008
GBT Software Project Note 25.4
Active Surface Manager FITS File Specification
The FITS format structure is presented for the Active Surface Manager
scan data files. The scan data FITS files are permanently
archived after each observation, together with the scan data files from
other devices selected for the scan.
The scan data FITS files contain a complete description of
the Active Surface setup for the observation. This description includes
the model filename used by the Active Surface Manager when determining
the best fit paraboloid for the GBT's Active Surface.
- 19th February 2003
- Initial version (Amy Shelton).
- 7th March 2003
- Added RMS keywords and residual binary table (Amy Shelton).
- 11th March 2003
- Added specifics of residual numbers (Amy Shelton).
- 29th April 2004
- Added specifics of zernike table (Melinda Mello).
- 27 March 2008
- Added ACTZEROV primary header keyword. (Joe Brandt).
- 10 May 2008
- Added specifics of thermal zernike table. Fits version 2.4 (Melinda Mello).