- Spectra can be measured from 8 dual polarized beams.
- 8-bit Analog to Digital Converters will be used.
- Digitized bandwidth : 1.5 GHz (usable bandwidth 1.25 GHz).
- Number of digitally tuned sub-bands within 1.5 GHz bandwidth : 8.
- Number of sub-bands per beam when processing signals from 8 dual polarized beams: 8
- Total bandwidth that can be processed from a dual polarized beam : 10 GHz.
- Number of sub-bands per beam when processing signals from a dual polarized beam : 64
- Maximum number of spectral channels: 32768.
- Reconfigurable hardware will be used to support up to 17 observing modes which provide spectral resolutions from 1.5 MHz to 30 Hz and sub-band bandwidths from 30 MHz to 1 MHz.
- Maximum spectral dump rate : every 0.5 msec.
- Provides a maximum of 6 switching states for versatile reference measurement for calibration.
- Maximum data rate to disk 100 MB/sec per spectrometer (total 100 x 8 = 800 MB/sec).
See specifications document for details