Station Software Terminology
In order to understand the tracking station
software guide, a few terms must be defined.
Return to the station software guide.
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory
is a facillity of the
National Science Foundation
operated under cooperative agreement by
Associated Universities, Inc.
- Software running during tracking pass, controlling antenna
and hardware configuration. Main realtime computer is "phobos",
which queries all hardware on MCB, plus GPS, UPS, Maser transmitter,
- Software which runs before and after a tracking pass, filtering
station inputs and outputs.
- Description of required times for tracking satellites.
- Specific commands to station hardware in order to meet external schedule.
- VLBA Code
- Station operator interface code and low level software for control
of VLBA compatible hardware devices.
- Monitor and Control Bus, which is the methode by which most
of the station hardware modules are commanded and monitored. (VLBA
and GBT use same type of bus).
- Almost every station hardware module contains one or more embeded
processors. The firmware for these modules is described elsewhere.
email@example.com Last update: 97 June 26