85-3: Setup for Total Power Scans
1. Hardware setup.
2. Observing file.
Make sure the "Alt 400 MHz" cables are plugged into
the detector drawer.
Plug the "cal signal" cable from the single-board into
the CAL input.
Adjust the attenuators on the front of the detector drawer
to put the signal levels in the right range.
- Use the "scan" procedure in the observing files.
- Use the same operational setup as for normal 85-3 pulsar observing.
- Bring up the 85-3 CLEO screen and the 85-3 User Control screen.
- To turn the CAL on or off, click the "set scan" button, then use the "cal dur" and "set cal" buttons.
- The data will be in /home/o5/gbi/logs/Scan853/