Before you come to Green Bank,
1. Contact us to set the date. Determine how many students and how many chaperones will be on the trip. We recommend 1 chaperone per 10 students. Chaperones should accompany students in all activities.
2. What do you want to do while you're here? Consult the Activities summary to plan your time. Call 456-2150, or email at email@example.com.
3. Day-trip or Overnight Visit?
- If you are planning a day-trip, you may elect to eat at our Starlight Café. If your group is large or you have time constraints you should pre-order. Consult the group menu. Your best options are pizzas, or box lunches. There is a group order form that you can copy and have your students fill out. Then you can mail these to us: Science Center Café, NRAO, PO Box 2, Green Bank, WV 24944.
- If you stay overnight, you will probably want our economical bunkhouse. More information about it can be found here. Meals can be arranged at the Observatory Cafeteria. Meals for student groups include: breakfast ($6.00), lunch ($8.00) and supper ($9.00). Please bring your tax exempt documentation if you are a school or non-profit group.
4. Introduce your students to radio astronomy and multiwavelength astronomy. You might try one of the following activities.
We can assist you if you wish to do an overnight trip and visit other educational venues in the area. Just let us know!